Lee McQueen claims Apprentice victory
STRAIGHT-talking Lee McQueen is the surprise winner of hit TV show The Apprentice.
STRAIGHT talking Lee McQueen is the surprise winner of hit TV show The Apprentice.
The popular 30-year-old was hired by Sir Alan Sugar at the end of an exhaustive process and will now start in the much-coveted £100,000-a-year job.
Lee, the son of a milkman who admitted lying on his CV in last week's show, was an outsider in the race to win Sir Alan's approval.
Feisty retail worker Claire Young was the favourite to clinch the job, while laid-back sales manager Alex Wotherspoon and determined pricing leader Helene Speight offered further tough competition.
You may also want to watch:
But, after the final task - which saw the candidates given a week to create a male fragrance - Speight and Wotherspoon were the first to get the chop and Lee faced Claire in a final boardroom showdown before clinching the plum job.
Lee, famed for his 'reverse pterodactyl' impression, has just eight GCSE's and a BTEC diploma - proving that education is not necessarily the key to securing a top post.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 10 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
He will now begin work in one of Sir Alan's companies.