Leiston: £10,000 of cannabis seized during raid
- Credit: Archant
TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of drug offences after £10,000 of cannabis was found at a home in Leiston.
The pair, aged 18 and 23, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the production and supply of cannabis, possession of a class A drug and burglary, after officers searched a property in Station Road, Leiston, yesterday.
Officers from the Lowestoft-based Territorial Support Team, accompanied by a dog unit, carried out the search warrant and found three growing tents in a bedroom.
A total of 20 cannabis plants, with a street value of around £10,000, were seized along with five bags containing white powder, thought to be cocaine.
Items of property that may have been stolen were also recovered.
The duo, both from Leiston, were taken to Martlesham police investigation centre where they were interviewed.
They have been bailed until April 15, pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 7 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten