Leiston artist creates ‘homeless’ snowmen
- Credit: Archant
In Leiston, local artist Chris Newson has put together some rather different snowmen.
Lying just outside his shop front on Leiston High Street are three snowmen in the shape of homeless people.
Mr Newson said he had just been wanting to make the most of the cold weather by building a snowman outside of his shop.
That one snowman ended up being three figures.
“There are people in the streets close to them at this moment,” said Mr Newson.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Newson said that the figures have gathered a great response both online and on the high street.
“People have stopped in their cars to take pictures,” he added “and when it snows they are going to get bigger.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
When the next band of snow comes Mr Newson said that he wont be making any more snowmen and will instead return to painting his existing creations instead.