Two men charged with drug dealing offences following police chase
- Credit: Google
Two men have been charged with drugs offences following a police chase through a Suffolk town.
Ali Al-Rashed, 21, of no fixed address, and Mohammed Al-Rashed, 26, of Chalfont Avenue, Wembley, were both charged with possession of criminal property and two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
Ali Al-Rashed was also charged with dangerous driving.
Police arrested two men in the Arnhem Road area of Leiston at about 1pm last Friday after a Toyota Yaris failed to stop for officers.
The suspects decamped and made off on foot before being arrested shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
Police recovered about 120 wraps of drugs believed to be heroin and cocaine, and estimated to have a street value of about £1,200, along with about £1,500 in cash and four mobile phones.
Al-Rashed and Al-Rashed both appeared before Ipswich magistrates on Monday and were remanded to appear at crown court on February 24.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology