Leiston: Distraught owner calls for her two dogs to be returned after they were taken in stolen van
- Credit: Archant
A dog owner has made an impassioned plea for her dogs to be returned after they were stolen this morning.
Janet Lockwood works at Leiston Veterinary Clinic on the Eastlands Industrial Estate and had pulled up outside its building in her van this morning.
But when she was out of the vehicle a man ran over to the van, jumped into the driver’s seat and drove off.
In the back of the Ford Transit were two of Mrs Lockwood’s pet dogs.
One is a blue tri border collie called Chi and the other a sable collie-cross called Zeus.
A distraught Mrs Lockwood said: “There was nothing I could do. He just drove off so quickly.
“I’m very upset. I think it’s just the van he wanted but I just want my dogs back.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 6 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 7 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 8 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 9 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
“I don’t think he knew there were dogs in the back but I think he’ll just let them go somewhere.
“I’m very concerned for their safety. Zeus is a rescue dog and he’s going to be scared witless.”
And pleading with the thief for her dog’s safe return, Mrs Lockwood said: “My dogs are everything to me. I just want them back. Just put them somewhere safe, don’t let them go loose.”
Mrs Lockwood’s dogs were found later the same day – full story here.