Leiston Film Theatre to show latest James Bond movie Spectre from October 26 - the night of its premiere
- Credit: Su Anderson
As the stars of the new James Bond movie tread the red carpet and settle in their seats to enjoy the world premiere, film fans in a Suffolk town will be watching all the action, too.
For the Leiston Film Theatre has also won the rights to show the hugely-anticipated Spectre from the night of its premiere on October 26 – one of a handful of independent cinemas granted the honour while others around the world wait to screen the film.
Film theatre general manager Wayne Burns is predicting big queues at the box office.
He said: “For a small rural independent cinema, such as ours, to screen this film from its UK release date is brilliant news, but for it to be opening on the very same night as the premiere is something quite exciting.”
The town council-owned venue will be offering special Bubble and Bond premier packages throughout the film’s opening week, including chocolates and champagne – or even a glass of Bond’s signature cocktail, Vodka Martini.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on sale on September 7.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash