Leiston: Fire crews cut car roof off to free casualty after two-vehicle crash in High Street
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Three fire crews were sent to a crash in Leiston after being alerted by the ambulance service.
They were called at around 1.05pm and sent the rescue pump from Leiston, an appliance from Halesworth and one from Southwold to the crash in High Street.
Upon arrival crews discovered two vehicles involved with one person trapped.
Firefighters released the casualty by removing the roof of one of the vehicles with cutting gear just before 2pm.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called just before 12.30pm and treated a woman for a neck injury.
You may also want to watch:
“She was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further assessment.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement