Leiston: Hollywood star Bill Nighy becomes patron of film theatre support group
- Credit: AP
SUFFOLK’S oldest purpose built cinema has received a boost from Hollywood actor Bill Nighy.
The star of films such as Love Actually and Pirates of the Caribbean has become a patron of Leiston Film Theatre Support Club. He joins a list that includes radio presenter Libby Purves, broadcaster Emma Freud and actor Nathaniel Parker.
Lesley Hill, chairman of the support club, said they were delighted to have him on board.
The support club raises funds for the theatre, which is owned by the town council.
Manager Wayne Burns said: “Mr Nighy has visited on a number of occasions and has always been extremely complimentary.”
The theatre celebrates its centenary next year and the support club its 21st anniversary.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 9 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking