Leiston/Ipswich/Bury St Edmunds: Proud parents welcome the perfect Christmas present
Proud parents across Suffolk and Essex have celebrated the arrival of the most special of Christmas presents.
Five little bundles of joy were delivered at Ipswich Hospital on Christmas Day, with more new arrivals welcomed at Colchester General and West Suffolk hospitals.
“I think this is the most expensive present you can get,” said Greta Ronai, one of the overjoyed mothers in Ipswich.
“We were quite nervous about how we were going to cope with all the Christmas cooking but we just went with the flow and couldn’t be happier.”
Greta, 31, and her husband Viktor, welcomed little Laura to the world at 4.09pm, weighing 6lbs 4oz.
Printing technician Viktor, 36, said he “was 130% happy” with the hospital staff.
It is hoped Laura will leave hospital on Saturday to meet her older sister Lilla, 12, at home in Leiston.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 7 Town closing in on full-time deal for keeper Walton
- 8 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 9 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
- 10 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
“She is very, very excited,” said Greta.
A little over an hour later, 26-year-old Yanique Darke was welcoming the arrival of her family’s first son in more than half a century.
The Ipswich mother-of-three gave birth to Ashdyn, weighing 8lbs 2ozs, at 5.20pm.
“It’s very exciting and such a special gift,” she said.
Yesterday the EADT also reported on the arrivals of baby Wray, the daughter of John and Amelia, in Ipswich Hospital and Mason James Tarrant, the son of Jo-Gail and David, who was delivered at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.