Leiston: Man was stabbed at house in Main Street two days before a young woman was found dead
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
It has emerged detectives are investigating a stabbing at the same Suffolk property where a woman was found dead two days later.
Police have stressed they are treating the death as unexplained after forcing their way into a house in Main Street, Leiston, yesterday afternoon.
However, they have also confirmed that on Sunday evening a 28-year-old man was stabbed in the abdomen and leg at the premises.
Although he received treatment from doctors for his wounds he has now been released from hospital.
Nishan Wijeratne, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said police had been called to the property on Sunday and two males are currently under arrest in connection with the incident.
The suspects were released on police bail after questioning, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wijeratne said: “Detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding an assault in Leiston.
“A fight took place in Main Street at 7pm on Sunday, August 31, during which a 28-year-old man was stabbed in the abdomen and leg.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
“He was taken to hospital by paramedics and discharged the following day.
“Two people, a 17 year-old male and a 41-year-old man from the town, were arrested on suspicion of assault.
“They were later released on police bail until Monday, October 13, pending police enquiries.
“The victim has yet to provide police with a statement”
Mr Wijeratne added officers were continuing with their enquiries surrounding the death of the woman, who is said to have been in her 20s.
Formal identification of the deceased was due to take place today.
A post mortem is due to be carried out later this week in a bid to establish exactly what caused the woman’s death.