Leiston: New vicar is preparing for Easter
A new vicar and his family are looking forward to celebrating their first Easter in their new parish.
Rev Martin Phillips-Last, his wife Kathryn and young daughters Grace and Eve, have settled into the vicarage for St Margaret’s in Leiston and are getting to know the residents of Leiston and Sizewell.
Easter services at the church begin on April 13 at 10am with a Palm Sunday Eucharist and Procession, and in the evening at 7.30pm Lent reflections based on the words of Jesus from the cross.
Then on April 17 at 7pm there will be a Maundy Thursday Communion Service, and on April 18 at 2pm Good Friday Meditations and Liturgy.
On Easter Sunday, April 20 at 6am there wil be a Sunrise Service, and then at 10am Eucharist.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the church said it was hoped people from the area would celebrate this special time of year and everyone was warmly welcome to any of the Easter services.
Mr Martin Phillips-Last, who grew up in Ipswich and studied theology at St John’s College in Nottingham, has been a curate at St Michael’s and St Luke’s churches in Beccles for the last three years, and was licensed last month as the new priest in charge of St Margaret’s Church.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?