WATCH: ‘It’s Christmas Eve, buh!’ – Suffolk posties record hilarious video
- Credit: BETH DUNTHORNE
Postal workers from Leiston have put a Suffolk twist on a well-known Christmas tune, as they look to spread some festive cheer.
Staff at Leiston Royal Mail delivery office have shared a hilarious video on Facebook of their rendition of Fairytale of New York, with members dressed in festive outfits to "give a Christmas gift" to their loyal customers.
The video shows nine staff members - and one dog - all coming together to sing the witty Christmas tune.
Speaking of the video, Beth Dunthorne, one of the postal workers involved, said: "We are completely taken aback by the response online.
"It was only meant to be a little light-hearted effort after a friend challenged us to do our own video following Framingham RM's video last week. But it's really got the whole office smiling."
You may also want to watch:
The video has received more than 350 shares online, with hundreds of comments pouring in with support.
Starring in the video is Jackie Chandler on vocals and Jonathon Gibbs on the keyboard, along with Rachel Girling, Tom Rabett, Trina Bickers, David Scrivener (and his dog Bramble), Steve Cundy, Harriet Shotter and Beth Dunthorne.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
Beth Dunthorne and her wife Jackie Chandler wrote the Suffolk version of the tune, with Jonathon putting together the musical arrangement.
Beth added: "I'm mega proud of everyone involved, especially Jax my wife on lead vocals."
The song starts off with "it was Christmas Eve, buh!" and jokes "we've got mountains of parcels and rivers of cards, but this General Election's really made things quite hard".
On Facebook people have been calling it "brilliant" and saying they have "smashed the challenge".