Leiston: Proposal for 25 new homes in Valley Road recommended approval - subject to conditions
- Credit: Archant
A scheme to build 25 new homes in a Suffolk town will soon go before planners.
Badger Building (East Anglia) Ltd has tabled proposals for 12 houses and 13 flats on land between 55 and 81 Valley Road, Leiston. The plans will be discussed by a committee of Suffolk Coastal District Council on Wednesday.
A previous application for 15 houses and 10 flats was considered earlier this year but further negotiations were needed with regards to design and an appropriate scheme for surface water drainage. The plans were subsequently withdrawn and amended.
The area is susceptible to flooding and the applicant says they are aware of local concerns and has proposed measures to address this.
Leiston cum Sizewell Town Council has conditionally recommended approval. However members remain very concerned about the proposed drainage measures, while also expressing disappointment that there is no play space provision.
You may also want to watch:
A report to councillors recommends the scheme gets the go ahead subject to approval from the Office for Nuclear Regulation with regard to emergency planning for Sizewell B and resolution of drainage and highways matters.
It also says the developers should provide some affordable housing and sports and library contributions.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash