Road reopens as search for missing Suffolk man continues
- Credit: Archant
The search for a missing man from Leiston is set to continue after a road which was closed in connection to the police investigation has reopened.
Suffolk police put out an emergency appeal earlier today expressing their growing concern for the safety of Brian Nunn, 82, who was last seen at 10am on Friday, leaving his Leiston home on foot.
Officers previously confirmed that the closure of Abbey Road in the Suffolk town was in relation to the search for Mr Nunn, however the road has reopened and officers have confirmed that their search will continue.
Detectives say the 82-year-old has medical conditions, which requires medication.
He is described as white, 6ft 1in, of medium build but does stoop over, has grey hair with dark flecks, and is clean shaven.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen wearing beige trousers, a navy T-shirt, and a dark brown gilet.
Witnesses said that they had been turned away from the area by officers who were setting up a perimeter around the road.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
A spokesperson from Suffolk police said: "We can confirm that the road closure in Leiston was in relation to our search for Brian Nunn.
"The road has now reopened and our search continues."
Anyone who thinks they may have seen Mr Nunn, or has any information about where he might be, should contact the duty sergeant for Halesworth on 101, quoting CAD 444 of July 19.