Leiston stabbing inquiry suspects will not face prosecution
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Four suspects arrested after a double stabbing in Leiston which left a 16-year-old boy and a man needing hospital treatment will not face prosecution.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the males - aged 19, 21, 26 and 28 - have now been released from their bails.
Police officers were called by the ambulance service to Farrow Close at around 10.30pm on Friday, April 18, to reports that a 26-year-old man had sustained wounds to his upper body.
A further report was then received that a 16-year-old boy playing in the park in nearby Harling Way had also been stabbed.
Police are treating the incidents as linked.
You may also want to watch:
A number of people were arrested beginning with a 27-year-old woman from Leiston was detained on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm the following day.
She was subsequently released without charge.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
Last week the four males who were suspects in the inquiry were told they will not be charged.
Anyone with information which could help the police inquiry should telephone 101, quoting reference LE/15/389, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.