Leiston stabbing inquiry suspects will not face prosecution

Four released from bail

Four released from bail - Credit: Lucy Taylor

Four suspects arrested after a double stabbing in Leiston which left a 16-year-old boy and a man needing hospital treatment will not face prosecution.

A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the males - aged 19, 21, 26 and 28 - have now been released from their bails.

Police officers were called by the ambulance service to Farrow Close at around 10.30pm on Friday, April 18, to reports that a 26-year-old man had sustained wounds to his upper body.

A further report was then received that a 16-year-old boy playing in the park in nearby Harling Way had also been stabbed.

Police are treating the incidents as linked.


You may also want to watch:


A number of people were arrested beginning with a 27-year-old woman from Leiston was detained on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm the following day.

She was subsequently released without charge.

Most Read

Last week the four males who were suspects in the inquiry were told they will not be charged.

Anyone with information which could help the police inquiry should telephone 101, quoting reference LE/15/389, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus