Man killed in crash named
- Credit: Archant
A 67–year-old man who died following a collision between a bicycle and a tractor in Redgrave has been named as Leonard Bates.
The incident occurred on Fen Street at around 9.40am on Friday when a cyclist and a tractor towing a trailer collided.
The emergency services attended the scene and treated a man.
The cyclist suffered serious injuries and was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital by ambulance for treatment, but sadly died on Saturday.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Pending formal Coroner's inquest proceedings and formal identification procedures, the deceased has been identified as 67-year-old Leonard Bates from the Ingham area.
The road was closed while officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team carried out enquiries.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
Anyone who witnessed or has any information about this incident is asked to contact the Serious Collision Team at Suffolk Police, quoting reference CAD 79 of 23 August.