Lorry hits barriers at level crossing causing traffic chaos
- Credit: Archant
Level crossing barriers at Manningtree have been completely knocked off their hinges following a collision with a lorry causing disruption to both road and rail services.
The A137 is currently closed while repairs take place to make the level crossing safe for trains and road vehicles to use.
This is expected to take two hours but Network Rail’s engineers are working as quickly as possible.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and follow diversions.
Rail passengers should check how their journey might be affected.
You may also want to watch:
A Network Rail spokesperson said: “We have engineers on site carrying out repairs as quickly as they can.
“I apologise to those affected and understand how frustrating this disruption is, especially as we approach home time on a Friday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
- 10 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
“It is vital that we make the level crossing safe for everyone before re-opening the road.”