Levington: Sailing trust wins lottery cash
THRILLED volunteers who run a Suffolk sailing charity today thanked their wonderful supporters who picked up the phone to help them win �50,000 in lottery funding.
The East Anglian Sailing Trust (EAST), based at Suffolk Yacht Harbour, in Levington, was named as the successful bidder in ITV1’s People’s Millions as it beat off the challenge of a Norwich charity to secure the cash.
The group – which runs sailing trips for able-bodied and disabled sailors – won the most public votes and now has a cheque for �50,000 from the Big Lottery towards a new waterside community centre at the marina.
Trustee Michael Hervey-Murray said: “We are ecstatic – I cannot tell you how thrilled and delighted we all are.
“This is the most wonderful news.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to thank everyone who voted for us – the support has been amazing.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo