Lidgate: Four pump blaze at stable blocks
FOUR fire crews have battled a blaze which engulfed five stable blocks.
Crews from Wickhambrook, Newmarket, Haverhill and Ixworth were called to a property in The Street, Lidgate, shortly after 9.30pm.
On arrival they found five stable blocks well alight.
Two hose reel jets were used to extinguish the blaze, with other jets being used to protect neighbouring properties.
A spokesperson for the fire service said that no horses had been inside the stables.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was brought under control by 10.40pm.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham