Light up a life by remembering a loved-one this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
People are being invited to join St Elizabeth Hospice this Christmas at one of its Light up a Life services to remember and celebrate the life of a loved one.
Every year, the hospice holds these candlelit services to offer local people the opportunity to reflect on their memories of family, friends and colleagues who are no longer with us.
There will be two Hospice Light up a Life services led by hospice chaplain Reverend Joanna Perry, held at St Elizabeth Hospice on Friday December 11 at 6pm and Saturday 12 December at 4pm, and a Community Light up a Life service held at St Mary Le Tower, Ipswich, on Sunday 13 December at 4pm, which will be led by Reverend Charles Jenkins.
Light up a Life services are free to attend, suitable for the whole family and open to anyone. They include carols, music, readings and the occasion to light a candle in memory of your loved one.
You can also personalise a St Elizabeth Hospice Special Memories Card, perhaps with a photograph, poem or drawing, to display at the service of your choosing.
You may also want to watch:
Pauline Donkin of St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “Christmas is a time for giving and sharing, a moment for enjoying being with your family members and loved ones. But it is also a time for reflecting on the lives of loved ones we have lost, remembering these special people and the cherished memories that we hold dear to our hearts.
“The Light up a Life service is open to anyone who would like to come. They don’t have to have been cared for by the hospice and they could just be someone you can’t be with over the Christmas period.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Only 100 tickets are available for the hospice services and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you would like to reserve tickets for the Hospice Light up a Life services or to request a Special Memories Card, please call 01473 723600 or email email@example.com