Likeness of knife intruder released by police
POLICE have released an e-fit image of a man they want to quiz in connection with a burglary at the home of a couple in their 70s.
At about 7.15pm last Friday, two people went into the couple’s house in Downs Place in Haverhill wearing dark clothing and ski masks.
One of the intruders had a knife.
The man in his 70s was pushed to the floor and the woman with him tried to call police but had the phone taken from her.
The male homeowner managed to push the offenders, both thought to be men, from the house with a chair and they ran off towards Crowland Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the couple were extremely shaken by the incident and the man suffered minor bruising. The only item stolen was the telephone handset.
She said: “A man was seen at the top of the stairs that provide access to Downs Place shortly after the offenders left the house.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
“The man dropped and then picked up something before running towards Crowland Road.
“This man is described as white, around 25 years old, of slim build, between 5ft 6in and 6ft tall, and bald with a thin pointy face. He appeared agitated and was wearing a light coloured padded jacket.”
Anybody with information should call Dc Andy George at West Suffolk CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.