Likeness of knife intruder released by police
POLICE have released an e-fit image of a man they want to quiz in connection with a burglary at the home of a couple in their 70s.
At about 7.15pm last Friday, two people went into the couple’s house in Downs Place in Haverhill wearing dark clothing and ski masks.
One of the intruders had a knife.
The man in his 70s was pushed to the floor and the woman with him tried to call police but had the phone taken from her.
The male homeowner managed to push the offenders, both thought to be men, from the house with a chair and they ran off towards Crowland Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the couple were extremely shaken by the incident and the man suffered minor bruising. The only item stolen was the telephone handset.
She said: “A man was seen at the top of the stairs that provide access to Downs Place shortly after the offenders left the house.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
“The man dropped and then picked up something before running towards Crowland Road.
“This man is described as white, around 25 years old, of slim build, between 5ft 6in and 6ft tall, and bald with a thin pointy face. He appeared agitated and was wearing a light coloured padded jacket.”
Anybody with information should call Dc Andy George at West Suffolk CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.