Have you seen this limited edition bike? It was stolen from champion cyclist Alex Dowsett in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A champion cyclist who once held the world “hour record” has had his one-off time trial bike stolen during a burglary at his house in Essex.
Alex Dowsett, who set the record for the longest distance cycled in one hour in May 2015 – only for it to be taken by Bradley Wiggins the following month – asked his Twitter followers to share his appeal.
He said: “This wasn’t an opportunist steal, or an opportunist taking advantage.
“Whilst we are extremely rattled by the fact someone seemingly planned and executed a burglary and invasion of privacy at our home, specifically while I was away, I am asking you to take a minute to share this post as much as you can to track down my bike and to track down the thieves that took it.
“It’s likely the only one of its kind in the country.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have also issued an appeal for the public to help find the bike, which was taken from Mr Dowsett’s home in Great Baddow, Chelmsford, on Monday.
“If you have any information about the theft, have seen the bike since February 5 or have been asked if you are interested in purchasing a professional bike and are suspicious of where it has come from, please contact Dc Simon Gray at Chelmsford CID on 101, quoting incident 984 of February 5,” an Essex Police spokesman said. “Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist