Linus blow for Stars in crucial meeting
KING'S Lynn's World U21 semi finalist Linus Eklof is out of Wednesday's Premier League top-of-the-table clash against Workington at the Norfolk Arena.Lynn will employ rider replacement in the Swede's absence with Eklof competing in his national championship.
KING'S Lynn's World U21 semi finalist Linus Eklof is out of Wednesday's Premier League top-of-the-table clash against Workington at the Norfolk Arena.
Lynn will employ rider replacement in the Swede's absence with Eklof competing in his national championship. Kozza Smith (hip) could return after missing Lynn's last three meetings following a recent televised Elite League crash for Ipswich.
Lynn's 2005 grand slam winner Kevin Doolan makes his first competitive return to the Norfolk Arena since a close season switch to Derwent Park.
Comets' skipper Doolan forms a powerful top end spearhead alongside Adrian Rymel and Andre Compton.
You may also want to watch:
"No doubt Kevin's influence is playing a big part in a team which is lead by three established top performers and four relatively inexperienced riders," said Stars' team boss Rob Lyon. "He will be really pulling them together for this one and I have no doubt he will be hoping to catch us off guard. I have a feeling that one of their new riders such as (Richard) Lawson or (Craig) Cook is going to surprise us and take to the track like a duck to water, I have studied their results of late and both have been scoring well at tracks they have never even been to before."
Stars' co-promoter Buster Chapman is relishing the potential match-up between Doolan and young compatriot Darcy Ward. The teenager opened his Stars' account at number one with a faultless five-ride maximum in the 59-35 league win over a depleted Sheffield outfit.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
"Wow that should be some race," said Chapman. "I know Kevin has so much pride and he will be determined to win every single race. On the other side you have a 17 year old who just simply enjoys going fast, has no fear and passes for fun. I'm sure the result will be spectacular."
STARS: 1 Darcy Ward, 2 r/r, 3 Emiliano Sanchez, 4 Chris Schramm, 5 Tomas Topinka, 6 Kozza Smith, 7 Jan Graversen.
COMETS: 1 Kevin Doolan, 2 John Branney, 3 Adrian Rymel, 4 Richard Lawson, 5 Andre Compton, 6 Craig Cook, 7 Charles Wright.