Lion Walk Shopping Centre Christmas Lights Switch-on 2017
Late-night Christmas shopping in Colchester has been launched with the traditional festive lights switch-on at Lion Walk Shopping Centre.
Hundreds of shoppers gathered for the high street spectacular which kicked off with a host live performances before the fireworks finale.
It comes after the Christmas Lights Switch-on spectacular in Colchester on Sunday.
The Brinkley School Choir, Theatre Train Choir, Colchester singer Abbie Hartley, and, of course, Santa himself, entertained the audience before the skies were illuminated.
Meanwhile, details for this year’s Colchester High Street Christmas Market have been released.
It is being held along Colchester’s High Street from 9am-5pm on Sunday, December 3. The high street will be closed to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Stalls will be selling gifts and memorabilia, festive street food, and takeaway goodies. There will be classic funfair rides, such as the spinning tea-cups, and a free raffle to win a family ticket to the Ice Slide in Castle Park.
Timings for the day:
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
11am: Bun Hurling from the Town Hall
12pm: Christmas Songs from Abbie Harding
1pm: Christmas songs from Sarah Isom’s Millfields Primary School Singing Club (Town Hall steps)
Mike Lilley, portfolio holder for public safety and licensing at Colchester Borough Council, said: “I am delighted that Colchester will be hosting this festive event on the High Street this year.
“The stalls, decorations, entertainment, and festive food and drink on offer will all add to the spirit of Christmas in our town. I encourage residents and visitors to come along and see what Colchester has to offer this weekend.”