Teenagers arrested after man has ‘substance’ thrown in face
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been arrested after a man had an unknown liquid thrown in his face in Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk police said the incident happened in the car park of the St Olaves Precinct, in St Olaves Road, shortly after 6.40pm on Tuesday.
Officers arrived at the scene to discover a man in his 20s had suffered minor injuries after having liquid thrown in his face.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment and a cordon put in place as inquiries were launched.
Two boys, aged 16 and 17, and an 18-year-old man were subsequently arrested on suspicion of assault and were taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The investigation is still at an early stage but police believe the parties involved are known to each other and there is no wider threat to the community.”
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact police, quoting crime reference 37/41323/20.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket