Little Bentley Hall to open doors to public for first time in five years
- Credit: Archant
One of the finest private gardens in East Anglia - and home of the Palmer-Tompkinsons - is opening to the public following a five year hiatus.
Little Bentley Hall, just outside Colchester, is hosting a garden show on the weekend of June 1 and June 2, inviting visitors to explore its stunning scenery.
The gardens, which have not opened to the public since 2014, are the star attraction - including a lake and ancient stew ponds which have been extensively planted with water-loving plants.
There will also be three show gardens available to look around - all up to Chelsea standards - a children’s garden competition, an art show and a silent auction.
More than 60 garden and gift stalls and a range of hot and cold food will also be available.
You may also want to watch:
The event is raising money for a host of charities including the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance and ABF The Soldiers Charity.
For more information see www.littlebentley.net
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast