Little Bentley: Man dies in collision between HGV and car on the A120
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A man has died in a collision between a heavy goods vehicle and a car on the A120 near Little Bentley.
Essex Police, who are currently on the scene, were called at about 4.30pm following reports of a collision involving an HGV and a car on the westbound carriageway.
The driver of the car died, while a passenger in the vehicle suffered minor injuries.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “The Harwich-bound carriageway of the A120 is likely to reopen soon but the westbound lanes will remain closed until about 11pm while police carry out initial investigations.”
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service are also at the scene, with two appliances from Colchester, one from Manningtree, one Wivenhoe and an urban search and rescue vehicle present.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire and rescue service said: “Firefighters completed their work at this incident by 5.56pm.
“A man died as a result of this collision.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 4 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 5 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
“One woman was released before crews arrived. She was left in the care of the ambulance service.”