Little Bentley: Man dies in collision between HGV and car on the A120
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A man has died in a collision between a heavy goods vehicle and a car on the A120 near Little Bentley.
Essex Police, who are currently on the scene, were called at about 4.30pm following reports of a collision involving an HGV and a car on the westbound carriageway.
The driver of the car died, while a passenger in the vehicle suffered minor injuries.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “The Harwich-bound carriageway of the A120 is likely to reopen soon but the westbound lanes will remain closed until about 11pm while police carry out initial investigations.”
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service are also at the scene, with two appliances from Colchester, one from Manningtree, one Wivenhoe and an urban search and rescue vehicle present.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire and rescue service said: “Firefighters completed their work at this incident by 5.56pm.
“A man died as a result of this collision.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
“One woman was released before crews arrived. She was left in the care of the ambulance service.”