Little Blakenham: Fire engulfed boiler room
FIREFIGHTERS are battling a blaze involving a boiler in a large detached home.
Three crews were called to a property in The Common, Little Blakenham, after a fire broke out shortly after 9.30am.
The fire took hold of the boiler and the rear ground floor was reported to be well alight.
Wearing four breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets, the blaze was brought under control.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue service said that ventilation was currently in progress and that a thermal imaging camera was in use to ensure there were no further hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was deemed under control by 10.45am.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light