‘He was my world’ – Devastated family pay tribute to collision victim
- Credit: Archant
A man who lost his life following a collision with a van in Little Clacton has been praised as an adoring father to his four children in a heartfelt tribute.
Dean Clark died on Friday, February 7 in The Street, Little Clacton from traumatic chest injuries sustained in the collision.
Essex Police were called to the scene shortly after 11pm on Friday alongside paramedics. However, emergency service workers were unable to save him.
A large police presence remained at the scene the following day whilst enquiries were carried out.
The 41-year-old's partner said in a tribute that his death has left a "massive hole in our lives and we miss him so much".
She said: "He was a kind, caring man and would always help anyone out if he could.
"He was a very social person and had lots of friends who meant a lot to him.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
"He loved and adored his four children and always wanted the best for them.
"Everything he built up and worked for was for them to have a good life.
"They are devastated that their dad has been taken away from them."
The couple were together from when they were teenagers and he was described by his partner as the love of her life and that would "never ever change".
He also left behind a mum, dad and brother who paid tribute by saying they miss him and love him so much.
His partner added: "Life will never be the same without him. His mum said 'he was my world'."
Craig Garton, of Upper Branston Road, Clacton has since been charged with murder.
The 41-year-old appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court on Monday, February 10 and is next due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, April 6.
Essex Police are asking anyone with CCTV, dash cam footage or information to call on 101 quoting incident 1341 of February 7.