Little Glemham: Old furnace in flames at rural property

LITTLE GLEMHAM: Firefighters had the tricky task of reaching a blaze which started in a boarded up wood burning furnace.

The flames spread to a chimney early this morning at a home in Church Drive - a private road in Little Glemham.

A fire crew from nearby Saxmundham were called just before 8.30am to tackle the fire, which started in a boarded up dutch oven

Before extinguishing the blaze, advice was first sought from a specialist contractor on how to best access the structure.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus