Election 2021: Great Cornard by-election candidates for Babergh unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Four candidates have put themselves forward for the Babergh District Council by-election next month for the Great Cornard seat.
Voters in Great Cornard will be able to vote for a new district councillor on May 6, alongside the police and crime commissioner and Suffolk County Council polls taking place the same day.
The ward has three seats at Babergh council, all of which were secured by the Conservative party in the 2019 local elections. However the resignation of Honor Grainger-Howard has prompted a by-election.
The candidates standing are as follows:
Marjorie Bark (Liberal Democrats)
You may also want to watch:
Simon Barrett (Conservative)
James Killbery (Green)
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
Jake Thomas (Labour)
Polls will be open between 7am and 10pm on May 6, or for postal votes where people have registered to do so.