Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- Credit: Archant
The candidates contesting two by-elections at East Suffolk have been published ahead of polling day on May 6.
East Suffolk Council has a seat available each for the Beccles & Worlingham and Framlingham wards, following the resignations of Graham Elliott and William Taylor respectively.
The candidates are as follows:
Beccles & Worlingham: Mark Bee (C), Sarah Plummer (G), Dom Taylor (L)
Framlingham: Lydia Freeman (C), Beth Keys-Holloway (G), Paul Richards (L)
Key: C – Conservative, Lab – Labour, G – Green Party.
Those polls will take place between 7am and 10pm on Thursday May 6, alongside the police and crime commissioner and Suffolk County Council elections happening the same day.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 8 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
The results for the two by-election seats are expected to be counted on Monday, May 10.
The Green party will be looking to defend Beccles and Worlingham, where it took a clean sweep of all three seats in 2019, however Mr Bee - a former leader of the predecessor Waveney District Council - is a familiar name in the community and will be keen to win back the seat he lost in those 2019 polls.
In Framlingham, the Conservatives won both seats in 2019 so will want to retain the seat with Lydia Freeman, although Beth Keys-Holloway did stand on that occasion too.