How much will you pay this year for council tax?
- Credit: James Fletcher
Council tax bills in north Essex are set to rise next month and here is a breakdown of how much each household will have to pay.
All the district councils, Essex County Council, and the Police and Crime Commissioner raised their share of the council tax bill to pay for the services they provide.
Essex County Council raised its share for a Band D property by around £60 to £1,401 While Essex Police and Crime Commissioner Roger Hirst raised Band D household by around £11.40 to around £300.
Separate districts raised their bills to pay for the services they provide such as waste collection, leisure, and housing.
This means that, aside from parish-level precepts which vary from village to village, it is now clear how much each area of the county will pay as of April.
The bill for Band D households in Braintree will be £1884.6, excluding parish and town councils.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 7 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 8 Man admits sex offences against children dating back to 2005
- 9 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 10 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
This means council tax for Band D will increase by £76.59 over the year from £1808.01
Band A 1,256.40
Band B 1,465.80
Band C 1,675.20
Band D 1,884.60
Band E 2,303.40
Band F 2,722.20
Band G 3,141
Band H 3,769.20
The bill for Band D households in Colchester will be £1900.44, excluding parish and town councils.
This means council tax for Band D will increase by £111.24 over the year from £1,789.20
Band A £1,266.96
Band B £1,478.12
Band C £1,689.28
Band D £1,900.44
Band E £2,322.76
Band F £2,745.08
Band G £3,167.4
Band H £3,800.88
The bill for Band D households in Tendring will be £1,886.49, excluding parish and town councils.
This means council tax for Band D will increase by £85.52 over the year from £1,800.97
Band A £1,257.66
Band B £ 1,467.27
Band C £1,676.88
Band D £1,886.49
Band E £2,305.71
Band F £2,724.93
Band G £3,144.15
Band H £3,772.98