Have your say on proposals for new recycling centre
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
People are being asked to give their views on proposals for a new recycling centre in Haverhill.
Suffolk County Council and partner FCC Environment are proposing to relocate the Chalkstone Way facility to a new location, due to growing demand.
The proposal is for a new, modern, split-level recycling centre with easier access, within part of the existing FCC’s Waste Transfer Station site at Homefield Road in Haverhill.
As previously reported, the council says that, due to expected housing growth, future demand is expected to exceed the current site’s capacity.
The new recycling centre would include a raised mezzanine platform, removing the need for steps. It is expected to reduce queuing on the road and remove the need for the site to be closed to the public while the large recycling containers are emptied and serviced.
The waste transfer station and recycling centre would share the site but be operated independently.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected the planning application for the Haverhill Recycling Centre development will be submitted in the spring.
FCC Environment and Suffolk County Council are working as part of the Suffolk waste partnership with West Suffolk Council.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 3 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 4 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 5 Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- 6 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 7 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 8 'I turned down jobs... Ipswich ticks every single box' - Cook on why he took the Ipswich role
- 9 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 10 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
The pre-planning consultation period will run from February 15 to 28.
For more details, visit the Suffolk Recycling website.
Feedback on the proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org