Council delays bin collection due to bank holiday
- Credit: Archant
There will be no need for households in West Suffolk to put their bins out on Monday, with the council collecting refuse one day late due to the bank holiday.
West Suffolk Council is the only local authority to announce the changes to its refuse collections, which will see all bins emptied one day later.
Announcing the change on Twitter, a council spokesman said: "Whatever you are doing this Bank Holiday weekend, enjoy, be safe, and just a small reminder that your bins will be emptied a day later next week."
Babergh and Mid Suffolk councils also collect bins one day later than usual following public holidays.
Neither Ipswich Borough Council nor East Suffolk Council have announced any changes to their services as a result of the August bank holiday.
You may also want to watch:
More information on bin collection days can be found on the relevant council's website.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs