'Striking' floral displays mark historic year for Clacton
- Credit: Tendring District Council
Two new eye-catching floral tributes have been unveiled to mark a historic year for an Essex town.
This year marks 150 years since Clacton was formed and Tendring District Council's open spaces team have celebrated the anniversary with the "striking" displays.
The two flowerbeds, located next to the Memorial Garden on the town's seafront, display the Clacton Airshow logo, one of the region’s most successful events, and the Clacton 150 logo - a project of exciting activities to mark the anniversary.
Designed by a member of council staff, the displays are planted and maintained throughout the year by staff and volunteers.
Michael Talbot, cabinet member for environment at Tendring District Council (TDC), said: “The seafront gardens are often described as the jewel in the crown of Clacton and are admired by locals and visitors alike.
“I hope that people will take their time to appreciate the extra work taken in creating these displays.”
Alex Porter, TDC cabinet member for leisure and tourism, added: “It is a historical year for Clacton in 2021, marking 150 years since it was formed. We are proud of our town and want to celebrate that fact.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 5 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 8 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 9 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 10 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
“This striking display is wonderful to see I and encourage everyone to take a look.”