London: Duke of Edinburgh taken into hospital
THE Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to hospital “as a precautionary measure”, Buckingham Palace said.
Philip was admitted to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary while staying at Balmoral with the Queen, a spokeswoman said.
Details of the reason for his hospitalisation were not available.
It comes two-and-a-half months after he spent five nights in hospital with a bladder infection following the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the River Thames.
The 91-year-old royal underwent a successful procedure to clear a blocked coronary artery last December and was in hospital for four nights over Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Before the heart scare he had been fit and apparently healthy, and led the active life of a man of younger years.
In March this year his grandson Prince Harry said the operation had given him “a new spurt of life”.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
He was forced to miss some of the jubilee celebrations in June after he was admitted to hospital the day after braving the elements for the pageant.
Philip was at the Queen’s side during the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics on July 27 and the following when they toured the Olympic Park.
While in Scotland earlier this month he supported the Queen at engagements including hosting a tea party at Balmoral to mark the end of her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.