More train delays as London points failure could leave Suffolk commuters stranded
- Credit: Archant
Commuters trying to get to Ipswich and Suffolk face disruption this evening as a points failure at London Liverpool Street causes delays and cancellations.
Greater Anglia has announced that a points failure at London Liverpool Street - within the Transport for London Rail Network - is affecting journeys out to Colchester, Ipswich, Stowmarket and Norwich.
The issue is only affecting platform 14 and is also disrupting journeys on the Southend Victoria line.
There are delays and cancellations expected until 7.30pm this evening.
In a statement on its JourneyCheck website, Greater Anglia said: “Due to a points failure between London Liverpool Street and Stratford, fewer trains are able to run on some lines.
You may also want to watch:
“Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 7.30pm, March 11.”
These are the services that will be affected:
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
The 16:17 Liverpool Street to Witham will start from Shenfield
The 16:40 Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria will be cancelled
The 17:06 Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria will be cancelled
The 17:38 Liverpool Street to Ipswich will start from Chelmsford
The 17:58 Liverpool Street to Ipswich will start from Colchester
The 15:30 Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street will terminate at Shenfield
The 15:50 Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street will terminate at Shenfield
The 16:35 Colchester Town to Liverpool Street will terminate at Colchester
Greater Anglia and Network Rail have both apologised for the interruption to services.
Network Rail engineers are at the scene and working to resolve the issue.
Greater Anglia passengers delayed by 30mins or more are entitled to apply for compensation via the rail company’s Delay Repay scheme.