London: Queen in hospital as trip is cancelled
- Credit: PA
The QUEEN has been admitted to hospital with symptoms of gastroenteritis, Buckingham Palace said.
She had been due to visit Rome for two days this week, but the trip has been cancelled.
A Palace spokesman said: “The Queen is being assessed at the King Edward VII’s Hospital, London, after experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis.
“As a precaution, all official engagements for this week will regrettably be either postponed or cancelled.”
The Queen’s sickness was first announced on Friday, and she spent yesterday resting at Windsor.
You may also want to watch:
She was due to attend a military celebration in Wales during the country’s St David’s Day celebrations, but was forced to cancel the plans.
The Queen, who is 86, has undertaken a number of engagements during the last week. On Tuesday she met the Archbishop of Canterbury at Buckingham Palace, and on Thursday she presented a host of Olympic stars with honours during an investiture ceremony.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 9 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband