Man arrested after drugs found during car search
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after class A drugs were found during a car search in Long Melford.
The arrest took place on Tuesday, August 25 in Bull Lane in the village after officers, following up on local intelligence, carried out a search of a vehicle.
In the vehicle they found a quantity of suspected drugs and an amount of cash.
A 27-year-old man from Long Melford was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and money laundering.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and later released under investigation pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Kevin Horton of Suffolk police said: “The supply and dealing of illegal drugs will not be tolerated and residents can be reassured any information passed to police will be acted on.”
Anyone concerned about drug-related activity should contact police on 101, or you can provide any information anonymously by calling the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, or via their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold