Woman in her 40s dies in Long Melford crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 40s has died in a car crash on the A134 in Long Melford.
Police were called to the incident at 8.45pm last night after reports of a single vehicle collision on the A134.
One of the vehicle’s occupants, a woman in her 40s, died at the scene of the crash.
Ambulance and fire crews attended the incident and the second occupant of the car, a man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries.
Suffolk police left the scene just after 6am this morning and Suffolk Highways are expected to open the road shortly.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone driving along the road immediately prior to the collision with a dashcam in their vehicle, are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, quoting reference CAD 410 of July 19.
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit