Lookalike: Suffolk Depp pictures are ‘definitely not’ Hollywood star
A TOP Johnny Depp lookalike today said that pictures which seem to show the Hollywood star and his partner Vanessa Paradis enjoying a stroll around a Suffolk town are “definitely not him”.
The superstar couple were believed to be in Framlingham on Monday afternoon after two people that looked very similar were seen making their way to the castle.
But Darren Potter, a lookalike for Depp’s Pirates of the Carribean character Captain Jack Sparrow, claimed that the actor isn’t even in the country.
He said: “It’s definitely not him and it’s definitely not me. The face is too fat and I know for a fact that he’s not in the country at the moment.”
Depp, 47, is reported to have visited the county several times before and has expressed interest in buying properties in Thorpeness and Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Locals believe he could have a home nearby and were pleased that he took time out to enjoy the historic town.
It is not the first time he has been spotted in Framlingham having reportedly also visited the Co-op store.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Filming for his latest movie - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - is believed to be moving to Greenwich University in London later this month.
Last night Bill Bulstrode, who owns Bulstrodes on Bridge Street and is chairman of the Framlingham Business Association, said he would like to secure the services of the Hollywood star to turn on this year’s Christmas lights.
“If it is him then of course we would be honoured if he would do it,” he said. “We have sent someone to investigate.”
Last year Hollywood star and Oscar winner Nicolas Cage turned on the Christmas lights in Bath after a local resident put a letter through the door of his home in the city.
Meanwhile one visitor to Framlingham Castle on Monday, who did not want to be named, said: “I am as certain as I can be that it was him. He seemed very pleasant and was enjoying a day out with his partner. Its great for the town and nice that he is taking time to explore the county.”
Depp and his long term girlfriend, French actress and singer Paradis, were spotted by 20-year-old Beth Hibberd who was in The Castle pub with friends.
“We were so shocked, there was just an air of complete disbelief,” she said. “I am a massive fan. My heart was pounding, I was so excited.”