Lorry breaks down on A12 at Copdock roundabout - delays expected
- Credit: Archant
A lorry has broken down on a busy roundabout on the A12, south of Ipswich, at the start of the evening rush hour.
Suffolk police received reports of a broken down vehicle at the Copdock interchange at around 4.45pm.
Officers have attended and recovery is being arranged to remove the lorry.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the breakdown was likely to cause disruption for motorists, however it was hoped the road could be quickly cleared.
The lorry had been travelling in the northbound lane of the A12 from the Colchester direction, when the breakdown happened.
The roundabout is where the A12 and A14 meet, near to Tesco Extra and Toys R Us.
No other vehicles were involved and no injuries have been reported.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 Matchday Live: Town in front early at Portman Road
Stay with us for updates on this incident and news of when the carriageway is cleared.