Lorry and car crash on A140
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A car and a lorry have crashed on a major road in Suffolk, temporarily blocking the road.
Suffolk Constabulary were called to the scene of a collision on the A140 about 8.57am today,
The vehicles collided close to The Crossroads, causing congestion just before Eye.
Arriving at the scene, officers found other cars stopped close to the crash, which was obstructing the northbound carriageway.
The East of England Ambulance Service were called to the scene as a precautionary measure, a spokesman for the police said.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesman said: "We were called at 9.20am with reports of a collision in Norwich Road, Eye.
"We sent one ambulance and took one patient to hospital for further care."
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
The road was clear by 10.02am.