Lorry driver airlifted to hospital in life-threatening condition after M25 crash
- Credit: Tom Potter
Motorists travelling further afield are being urged to avoid the M25 clockwise this evening after a serious crash.
Essex Police reports all four lanes are blocked following the incident near to the Bell Common tunnel between junction 27 (M11) and junction 26 (Waltham Abbey).
The crash involves a motorcycle and a refuse lorry.
The driver of the dustbin truck has been flown to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police say the road will be closed for the next few hours while investigations take place, and have thanked drivers for their patience whilst emergency services attend the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions are in place.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash