Lorry driver killed in A12 crash believed to be from Humberside
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver killed in a crash on the A12 at Chelmsford yesterday is believed to be from Humberside.
Essex Police hope to carry out a post-mortem examination today, but formal identification could be delayed as officers try to find the man’s family.
The victim, a man in his 40s, was killed after the lorry he was driving crashed with another HGV on the southbound carriageway near the junction with the A130.
The crash happened at about 4.45pm.
Motorists were diverted until the road was re-opened at 2am this morning, while the northbound carriageway was also closed until 9.30pm yesterday while recovery took place.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should call the Serious Collision Unit on 101 or email email@example.com.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away