Lorry driver killed in horror crash
A LORRY driver has died after his vehicle collided with another lorry on the A14.The accident happened moments after a crash happened on the opposite side of the carriageway heading in the Ipswich direction of the busy Suffolk road.
A LORRY driver has died after his vehicle collided with another lorry on the A14.
The accident happened moments after a crash happened on the opposite side of the carriageway heading in the Ipswich direction of the busy Suffolk road.
Emergency services were called shortly after 6.30am to a lorry which had jack-knifed and hit a van on the A14 at the junction with the A142, near to Newmarket.
Although no-body was hurt in this accident the two lorries travelling in the opposite direction, towards Cambridge, then crashed and one of the drivers was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the second lorry was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
The road is closed in both directions while the vehicles are cleared and investigations are carried out.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project