Lorry driver threatened with handgun during A12 lay-by robbery at Witham
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver was reportedly threatened with a handgun during a robbery in an A12 lay-by in Essex last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident, which took place in a southbound lay-by at Witham, near Little Braxted Lane, Rivenhall End.
Officers received reports that two men, dressed in dark clothing with their faces covered, approached a lorry around 11.30pm.
One of the men, who was described by the victim as being around 5ft 6in tall and in his early to mid-30s, threatened the lorry driver with what was believed to be a handgun, while the second man broke into the vehicle trailer.
No-one was injured during the incident and police say investigations are ongoing into whether anything was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone who was driving in the area around the time of the incident and has dashcam footage, are asked to contact Dc Joanne Barlow-truss on 101, quoting incident 1314 of April 23.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning