WATCH: Road reopens after lorry fire
- Credit: TONY MURRAY
The A120 near Colchester has reopened in both directions after an earlier lorry fire.
Traffic was building on the A120 and the A12 as a result of the vehicle fire, which blocked the eastbound carriageway near Elmstead before the A133.
In a tweet, Highways England said: “Many thanks to @ECFRS the #A120 Essex #Elmstead #Colchester westbound carriageway has been re-opened. The eastbound carriageway remains CLOSED to allow recovery of the lorry and carriageway clean-up following the fire.”
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Firefighters were called to a vehicle fire between the A120 and A133 at Ardleigh at 10.49am.
“On arrival, crews reported that a lorry was on fire and worked to extinguish it by 1:03pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police were also in attendance to ensure a safe road closure is in place.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home