A14 lorry fire blocking lane and in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines have been called to a lorry fire on an A14 slip road.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to the scene of the fire on the off-slip of junction 43, westbound to Bury St Edmunds at the Tesco supermarket, at about 11.41am today.
Three fire engines attended the scene where the found the rear wheel of a lorry carrying two forklifts was alight.
Police were also called to the scene to manage traffic on the slip road.
Officers closed one lane about 12pm and it remains closed while they and firefighters remain at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A recovery vehicle will be called to move the lorry.
Traffic is slow on the slip road but the A14 remains unaffected.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies